- Reads resource files (.lfl, .lec, .la1, .001 etc.) from the games
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Loom (CDROM talkie
version only), The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island
2: LeChuck's Revenge, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis,
Maniac Mansion 2: Day of the
Tentacle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Full Throttle,
The Dig, The Curse of Monkey Island and Grim
Fandango. As it turns out, it can read both PC and Amiga versions
of most of the game files, and probably other formats too. Most demos
can also be opened.
- Reads MONSTER.SOU files - the files
containing voices and sound effects for games such as Indiana Jones
and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Sam &
Max Hit the Road and Full Throttle.
- Reads savegames from some later games.
- Reads CMI/The Dig bundle files - that's the files containing all music.
- Displays the internal file structure with names of all parts
(called blocks) of the file, as well as descriptions of each block.
- Displays and exports all background images and object images (not
character animations yet) from all games from Secret of Monkey
Island and up until CMI. Is known to display the images
from Monkey Island 2 and Fate of Atlantis in the Amiga
- Displays all materials from Grim Fandango.
- Exports and plays all music from CMI - now including cutscene music!
- Exports and plays all voices and sound effects from The Dig and CMI.
- Exports and plays all music, voice and sound effects from Grim Fandango.
- Exports and plays MIDIs from all iMUSE MIDI games (from
Monkey Island 2 till Sam & Max Hit the Road - including
Amiga versions), as well as from Indiana Jones and the Last
Crusade and The Secret of Monkey Island (still working on
- Exports and plays music from Full Throttle
- Exports and plays sound from all MONSTER.SOU files.
- Decompiles CMI SCUMM Scripts.
- Displays boxes (the ones telling where Guybrush/whoever can walk as
well as holding info on shadows etc.) from all SCUMM games from
Monkey Island 1 and on.
- Displays object names and other text resources.
- Displays palettes from all games.
- Displays info on lots of other resource file blocks.
- Annotation tool, which allows users to make comments/titles on blocks,
save them to a file etc. - as well as share them with others.
- Hex viewer for manual exploring of the blocks.
- Flash files, allowing faster loading
of big block lists.
- Icons for each type of block in the file explorer.
- File searching - searching for a
specific block name, line of dialogue or object name etc.
- Comprehensive Win98/IE4 help file.
This list includes some of the file support from all kinds of LEC games
that do not use SCUMM or GrimE. None of this functionability is the
goal for SCUMM Revisited, and thus extensions in this field only occur
if they're easy to achieve, not if they're just plain wanted.
- Opens resource files (.lab) from Phantom Menace and some
resource files from earlier games, such as Dark Forces.
- Opens Phantom Menace and X-Wing Alliance .IMC files.
- Converts .IMC files to standard .WAV.
- Views and exports images from Phantom Menace.
- Views text resource from Phantom Menace.